Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Day Shift (6:45am – 7:00pm)
Night Shift (6:45pm – 7:00am)
Must work a 12 ¼ hour shift 7 out of every 14 days
(Week 1: Mon/Tue/Fri/Sat, Week 2: Sun/Wed/Thur)
The availability of overtime on your days off on an as-needed basis.
The Maintenance Technician (MT) is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and improving all plant electrical/mechanical systems and equipment, such that it operates in a safe, efficient and reliable manner. This position works primarily with their shift partner, but also has the support of the senior technician, multi-craft technician, electrician, and maintenance management. Maintenance technicians are also expected to interact with operations department managers and machine workers, and must utilize our computerized maintenance management software daily.
King Plastic Corporation offers a clean working environment, regularly scheduled reviews and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401(k) Plan with a company match, quarterly bonus program, paid vacation, etc.
The Maintenance Technician must have a working knowledge of industrial equipment, production machinery, preventative maintenance, and hydraulics/pneumatics along with basic electrical competency. Candidate must be able to stand on feet for entire length of shift with the exception of breaks and lunch, lift 50+ pounds, be able to work in a high temperature work environment.
Key Job Responsibilities & Skills:
- Troubleshoot electrical/mechanical equipment and find the root cause of the failure using diagnostic tools and problem solving.
- Perform mechanical/electrical repairs or equipment installations using hand and power tools. (Employee must provide their own set of basic hand tools – power tools provided by company).
- Competent and comfortable with mechanical disassembly/assembly, blueprint interpretation, repair manuals and parts catalogs.
- Ability to safely troubleshoot and repair simple electrical circuitry and equipment wiring up to 480V. (I.E. contactors/relays, pump motor wiring, heater element swap, etc).
- Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments and electronic testing devices. (I.E. tape measure, calipers, feeler gauges, multi-meter, etc.)
- General experience with pipefitting, welding, pneumatics, hydraulics and pump maintenance.
- Engage daily with King Plastic computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) for work order completion and team communication.
- Complete all assigned preventative maintenance work orders (PM’s) by their deadline.
- Comply with facility safety rules and guidelines including general PPE, arc flash, fall protection, and LOTO protocols.
(The above description covers the most significant duties performed and does not exclude other occasional duties not mentioned. Some job specific training may require outside travel and overtime.)
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
Mechanical knowledge, repair and troubleshooting: (Required)
Electrical knowledge, repair and troubleshooting: (Preferred)
Valid driver’s license & ability to hold forklift certification (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
High school or Technical degree (Preferred)
Salary: $23.00 – $26.00 per hour
Health savings account
Paid time off
Apply online at www.kingplastic.com.
King Plastic Corporation
1100 N. Toledo Blade Blvd.
North Port, Florida 34288-8694