Since 1968, King Plastic Corporation has been developing and manufacturing quality polymer sheets, slabs, and massive shapes used in the marine, food service, furniture, cabinetry, sign, and medical industries. The King heritage is a timeless commitment to innovation, quality, and service. Its industry-leading branded and commodity products are manufactured at the company’s state-of-the-art 250,000 square-foot headquarters in North Port and distributed worldwide.
CNC Operations Manager (8 hour shift Mon – Fri)
We are looking for a creative, sharp, high-energy individual with a solid manufacturing background, a “can-do attitude” and strong engineering/CNC programming skills who is looking for a challenging position as part of a highly cooperative team.
King Plastic’s CNC department is perfect for someone who enjoys CNC CAM programing and hands on production. CNC Operations Manager includes responsibility of all functions of the department including but not limited to safety, quality, programing, scheduling, production, manufacturing order completion, packaging of completed goods and coordinating with other departments to complete the job. The CNC Operations Manager’s day will include scheduling new orders, communicating lead times and ship dates with Customer Service, programing new orders on AlphaCAM software, running currently scheduled orders on a Onsrud Heavy Duty 3-Axis CNC, quality inspecting parts, packaging orders and staging for shipment. The CNC Operations Manager will need to be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Proficient with 3-Axis CNC routers (Onsrud Heavy Duty 3-Axis CNC router onsite)
- Knowledge of CNC related toolings (bits, chucks, collets etc.)
- Proficient with CAM software (AlphaCAM Software used onsite)
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word for communication and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets for scheduling
- Leadership and management skills necessary to run a small team
- Skilled in reading and interpreting part drawings and elevations
- Proficient with power tools such as skill saws, chop saws and drills.
- Proficient with common hand tools such as tape measures, wrenches, screw drivers and deburring tools.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry to real world applications (cabinetry, product design etc.)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and creativity. I.E. ability to create a jig to solve a unique problem in CNC part manufacturing
- Ability to estimate job process time for quoting and scheduling purposes
- Troubleshoot processes/procedures for better methods/actions
- Possess strong attention to detail and good communication skills
- Able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Able to stand on feet for length of shift (8 hours) with the exception of breaks and lunch and lift 50+ lbs
Salary: $30.00 – $40.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 40 per week
Salary commensurate with experience, regularly scheduled reviews, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, prescription, vision, life, and AD& D insurance, 401(k) with match, paid holidays, vacation, quarterly bonus plan, and tuition reimbursement.
CNC: 5 years (Required)
CNC programming: 5 years (Preferred)
CAM programming: 4 years (Preferred)