King Plasti-Shield®, The Borated Polyethylene Neutron Shielding.
- Airport and Sea Port Security
- Doors for Linear Accelerators
- International Border Security
- Medical Vaults
- Nuclear-Powered Vessels
- Nuclear Reactors
- Research Applications
King Plasti-Shield® is an effective shielding material with 5% boron by weight and our trademark purple color to meet all applicable applications for healthcare cancer treatment centers, diagnostic and hospital facilities. Applications include linear accelerators, nuclear or radiation shielding, industrial use, security such as seaports and airport security, nuclear submarines, nuclear power plants, border protection and other applications requiring attenuation of thermal neutrons.
King Plasti-Shield is certified by prime vendors of the U.S. government as the source for Grade II and Grade III neutron shielding material on nuclear submarines and naval warships. Our process, materials, quality programs, sampling, testing, tracing and packaging all meet or exceed military specifications such as MIL-P23536A and EB2562E. We use MIL-STD-45662 for internal calibration system traceable back to NIST.
Standard Sheet Size
|in:||48″ x 96″|
|mm:||1219mm x 2493mm|
Gauge 1” ± 5% | Length and width plus only at room temperature
Custom sheets, blocks and slabs available in standard or custom colors
|Density (5% Borated)||g/cc||D1505||0.98|
|Tensile Strength @ Yield||p.s.i.||D638||3,960|
|Vicat Softening||ºC (ºF)||D1525||89ºC (192ºF)|
*All values are determined on specimens prepared according to ASTM Standards.
Thickness required to attenuate a neutron beam by a factor of 10. m
|King Plasti-Shield 5%||1.04||8.0″|
Custom and proprietary colors available with appropriate minimum order.
Nominal values should not be interpreted as specifications.
• Approved suppliers for all raw materials
• Test for Hydrogen Density to verify correct level
• Fluoroscopic X-Ray machine to check for voids and foreign materials
• Performing all packaging and shipping requirements
• Lab reports and certifications available for a fee
• 100% visual inspections performed on all material
• Systems in place to handle the use of NO-FORN documents and have been approved for use in military critical technical data
• Audits by the Navy Nuclear, Electric Boat and Northrup Grumman every 2 years with no findings
• Meeting military specifications such as MIL-P23536A and EB2562E
• Approved sampling plan in accordance with MIL-STD-105 with AQL of 0.4%
• Performing all marking of material for traceability in accordance with MIL-STD-792
• We use MIL-STD-45662 for internal calibration system traceable back to NIST